Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Understand Why People Elope

In January when Joe and I decided to get married I decided, in an effort to save money, (both mine and my parents ) I would hand make most things for the wedding. With the wedding almost a year away that sounded like a good plan. Now that I am less than two months from the wedding, it's getting a little overwhelming. In the last few weeks I have made 200 invitations, all the corsages, the boutonnieres, the decorations and centerpieces, my bouquet and my throw away bouquet. I love how everything turned out but it's been crazy.

My bridesmaids are all wearing different dresses. I wanted them to be comfortable because they are going to be in those dresses all day. The dresses they picked are all gorgeous and I'm excited to see them all together on the big day. They are all making their own bouquets from flowers I picked out. They are all the same color, just different flowers.

My bouquet is very different. One of my bridesmaids found an article about brooch bouquets. For years my mother has collected antique jewelry and has an abundance of old rhinestone brooches. This week I am putting the finishing touches on my brooch bouquet. It is, if I say so myself, absolutely gorgeous. And VERY heavy. lol

My dress is in the finishing stages. The alterations are almost complete and I go for a final fitting early next month. I love my dress. Joe has not seen it, and I'm doing my best to get it a secret. He doesn't want to see it until I walk down the aisle.

My brother has a theory about finishing a project. The first third of the time you spend trying to find the most effective and efficient way to do it. The secord third you are excited to implement the most effective way discovered. The last third you are tired of the damn project and just want it to be over. I am in the last third. I am excited for the wedding but very ready to be finished with all the projects. Whatever isn't done by December 10 just isn't getting done. :)

2 comments:

  1. You may feel like you're in an out-of-control whirlwind, but it sounds like you have all your bases covered! My only advice (and I'm sure you've received plenty of unsolicited advice, so here's mine!) is to NOT skimp on a photographer--those photos are all you'll have 50 years from now to remember that day. Have an excellent photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding was fantastic! You managed to pull it all together and make it great! I hope you two are relieved that it's over.

    I can't believe all this time I didn't realize you started a blog. I think it's awesome. I just stumbled upon it this morning. I've also toyed with the idea of starting a blog lately. I've been fascinated by blogs about all sorts of things. I just haven't convinced myself that I have enough interesting things to blog about! Oh well, keep yours up! I will be reading! (and thinking about my own, haha!)

    ReplyDelete