Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WEDDING ADVENTURES or Holy S**t I'm getting married.

In a little less than two months, I am getting married. Wow, it's still sort of weird to say. Married. For most of my adult life and I have been very admittedly anti-marriage. I have mused on several occasions that if divorce was genetic, I was screwed. My family is littered with divorce and I vowed very early in life I would not add to that statistic. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with divorce or divorced people. I just don't want to be one of them. My parents divorce was very hard on me, and my brother's divorce was and is hard for his children. I promised myself I would never do that to my own children. (children, ha.. anyway, that's another blog)
So, you're probably asking yourself what changed my mind. I'm still asking myself that same question. I really don't know. It was almost like I woke up one morning and thought, "I should get married, couldn't be all bad." While I still don't fully understand why my mind suddenly betrayed me, I don't regret the decision. We are sickeningly happy and we are going to be together forever. Married or not.

More soon...

1 comment:

  1. It's not that bad!--you both just have to truly realize that you have to take the good with the bad, and sometimes the bad gets really, really bad. If you weren't married, you could just bail on the relationship--but after you're committed in marriage, you have to work through the problems--even the ones that seem impossible.

    ReplyDelete